- What are the minimum system requirements for wireless Internet access?
- Here is the list of system requirements for different operating systems:
- Intel Pentium IV or above Processor
- 1GB or above system memory
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n WIFI compatible wireless card
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 above
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or above/Firefox 4 or above
- Mac mini, iMac, Mac Pro & MacBook or above
- Mac OS X or above
- 256MB system memory
- Mac AirPort (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n / Wi-Fi Wireless LAN card)
- Windows Mobile 6.0 or above, Symbian S60 (Version 3) or above/UIQ 3.0 or above, iOS, Android OS 1.5 or above
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n / Wi-Fi Wireless LAN card
- What is the bandwidth of this service?
- The download bandwidth of this service can deliver up to 6Mbps provided that a good signal has been acquired between Wi-Fi enabled device and the Access Point. However, the signal can become weak due to destructive interference of the signal or other factors such as the capacity and speed provided by the site.
- What wireless LAN cards are compatible with HKBN Wi-Fi?
- In general, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and standard LAN cards are most recommended for using HKBN Wi-Fi.
- Is there any connection timed out?
- No. If your Wi-Fi enabled device is switched off or you are out of the coverage area, your connection will be automatically terminated after 15 minutes. (If there is no data transmission within 15 minutes, the connection will also be automatically terminated).
- When I am using HKBN Wi-Fi at public locations, do I need to change my email settings to receive emails?
- You don’t need to change your email settings to receive emails. However, you can select smtp.y5zone.net to receive emails if your email server blocks email from certain domain or IP.
HKBN Wi-Fi Service is provided by HKBN Group Limited. Each Wi-Fi service location may include different numbers of hotspots.